Gender : Female Category : SC/ST/OBC/GEN
Muktir Alo – a comprehensive Scheme for rehabilitation of sex workers and victims of sex trafficking in West Bengal under the Department of Women & Child Development and Social Welfare, Government of West Bengal. This scheme intends to provide opportunities of life with dignity and alternative career opportunities to the sex workers and trafficked victims (female).
· To provide opportunities of life with dignity to the girls and women who have drawn into the profession of sex work by force or otherwise
· To provide alternative career opportunities for sex workers and victims of sex trafficking who wish to leave the profession through appropriate job training and vocational training for skill up gradation to enable them to start their life afresh through alternative livelihood option;
· To provide ‘Entrepreneurship Development Training’ for making them capable for taking up bankable projects after the training; iv) Influencing small & cottage entrepreneurship
· Influencing small & cottage entrepreneurship with a motive to create viable markets in the domestic as well as overseas.
• A female who is a resident of West Bengal and is a sex worker at her prime age and have the willingness to voluntarily abandon her vocation for a dignified social life
• A female who has been rescued by Police and released in the care of family members on Personal Release Bond or by order of the competent court
• A rescued victim of sex trafficking sheltered at a protective Home or released in the care of family and booked as victim girl under ITP Act; Facilities under the scheme may also be availed by the children accompanying women in the above categories. However, girls above 10 and less than18 years and boys above 7 years and less than 18 years would be shifted to the Children Homes being run under JJ Act.
Women Development and Social Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal